Follow-Up = Success
Patience may be a virtue, but follow-up and perseverance are a must for the successful business owner and/or the sales professional. Studies show that 52% of sales professionals give up after just 1 rejection. 90% give up after 4 rejections. But that it often takes 8 to 12 interactions for someone to make the decision to do business with someone else.
Here’s some facts on follow-up and perseverance:
- Margaret Mitchell received 38 rejection letters for her wildly famous book Gone With The Wind.
- Colonel Sanders Founder was rejected more than 1,000 times before someone finally partnered with him to open the very first Kentucky Fried Chicken site in 1952.
- Winston Churchill, who failed sixth grade, was defeated in every election for public office until he became Prime Minister at the age of 62.
- Thomas Edison’s teachers said he was “too stupid to learn anything.” He was fired from his first two jobs for being “non-productive.”
- Henry Ford failed and went broke five times before he succeeded.
- ….too different from other juvenile books on the market to warrant its selling” told to Dr. Seuss, about his book And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street.
My Oh My, how much different would our lives have been without many of these people!